Re: A XyWrite for Windows installer

Dear Carl

On 14/01/2020 21:44, Carl Distefano wrote:

"And unless otvdm acquires the ability to shell to cmd.exe, none of the routines that call Windows programs will ever work in that environment." That is the answer to a question I had about non-working routines.

Have you installed XYWWWEB.U2 in your copy of XW? If so can you confirm whether you get slightly aberrant behaviour when calling Help+HELPKEY or Help-About+HELPKEY. With my installation a timeout countdown starts and I have to use CTRL+BREAK to stop it, at which case help does appear.

I am not much concerned if you do not have it set up, simply curious. Like you, I am not sure that I have any need for XW, and I have done without it until now.

Paul