Is there a way of converting Outlook Express files to XyWrite?

                                                  Michael Edwards.

     Does anyone know if there is any reliable and efficient way of converting
Outlook Express e-mail files to a format XyWrite can read?  I suppose this means
either the XyWrite format, or alternatively plain text.  I want this to include
all the "basic" header information (date and time from and to, sender, receiver,
and subject), but probably not all the technical stuff in the headers.
     Some of you may be aware that Outlook Express stores all e-mails in a
particular Outlook Express subdirectory in a single file, not as separate files.
The files are called Folder1.mbx, Folder2.mbx, etc., irrespective of the name of
the Outlook Express subdirectory.  Each of these files also has a much shorter
.idx file which appears to be simply a list of the basic header information
(subject, to, from, date, and so on).  If I could deal with a whole .mbx file at
once, instead of a single e-mail at a time, it would obviously save me much
time.
     Is it possible to do this in a way that preserves foreign-language
characters and other irregular characters?  (These seem to be especially
unreliable whenever you process text in any way.)
     Do you need any special program to do this?  Is there an established way of
doing this, or do you just have to figure out a way yourself?  If anyone has any
ideas, it would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

                         Regards,
                          Michael Edwards.