Re: Revised installer for XyWin

Edward,

> Wengier could presumably make a version of start.exe that opened a
> command window if you ran it with no parameters, and of course that
> would be a lot simpler and smaller than this complex workaround. But
> this will do in the meantime.

OK. So I was able to find the source code of my start.exe in one of my older computers and made change to it.
The update is as follows:
It will now check for the existence of the file cmds.lst (in the current directory or the directory containing start.exe),
and if this file is found, and the command name (e.g. dir) is listed in this file, then start.exe will automatically launch
cmd.exe to run the command and then wait for the user to type any key to exit. Otherwise, run the command in the
normal way. The start.exe options (+/-/_ or /MAX, /MIN, /HID) are not changed and can be applied to both cases.

The zip file containing start.exe and cmds.lst can be downloaded from:

http://vdosplus.org/files/start.zip

Where the file cmds.lst is just a text file containing a list of commands (e.g. dir, attrib, echo, etc) (one per line) that
you want to launch via cmd.exe, and the file can be modified easily with any text editor. Hope this helps.

Wengier