Aspell console colour

Dear Carl
Do you have any idea what controls the console text/background colours for Aspell? Whatever I try it always reverts to white on black.
I would have expected to be able to control the console colours from the
top-left-hand console window menu under properties.  However when I try
this, the colour settings take once, then next time I open Aspell it has
reverted and I can never change the colours again.  Curiously, I can
change the window size from here and that sticks, but not colour.  I
have even tried changing the global command-console colours in the
registry but that does not affect Aspell either.

Grrr.

Paul