Re: going to L

some progress to report. the keyboard file is not the problem. I systematically removed all the
’parts’ of my startup.int file, including the whole file. it appears the load
settings.dfl is the problem⬦without that it works fine, with it loaded I am always
’going to L’.

so now, which part of settings.dfl ?  is it the codepage, which is set to, I think 437 (the
computer’s in another house, so can’t check while I’m typing this). whatever
kurt gave as an example.

I guess I can go through settings dfl and eliminate each part⬦but seems as if it’s the
codepage.

and indeed, when I open xy files in other programs like notepad, no problem there.

But I am already using xywrite in identical format without problems in windows vista on one
computer; on a windows 10 computer at work.  this is vdosplus on a windows 7 computer, if that might
make any difference.

thanks for the help so far, and open to any suggestions.   tom horton