Re: vdosplus question

Hello Tom,
To use vDosPlus XyWrite, you should leave your XyWrite installation folder in its original place as your AUTOEXEC.TXT points to this folder (and needs to updated if your change the place of your XyWrite folder).
You can put your documents in any folder you like, and you can easily
access your XyWrite program folder from within XyWrite. Here is how you
can make it easier:
Open your AUTOEXEC.TXT file (in vDosPlus install folder) with Notepad
and add the following lines to it after the line that says
"rem Put your own USE settings here!":
use w: c:\documents_folder_path
use x: c:\xywrite_folder_path
The drive letters can be anything that is not already in use, in this case I have assumed that you do not have drive letters W: and X: in use. W = work files, X = XyWrite files. Replace documents_folder_path with the path to your work files, and xywrite_folder_path with that of your XyWrite installation. Now then, you can simply go to your work files with the command "W:" on the XyWrite command line, and "X:" takes you to your XyWrite program folder.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
I have successfully installed xywrite on a windows 7 computer, and access it via a vdosplus shortcut on my desktop. works fine. and all my working files are installed as subdirectories of vdosplus
BUT  the directory (xyfiles in my case) in which my editor.exe file and
startup.int <http://startup.int>, etc. reside is a directory of C:, as
is vdosplus   that means I cannot seamlessly move from the vdosplus
directory where I do all my work when I need to mess with startup.int
<http://startup.int> or keyboard files that are all in the Xyfiles
directory.
I tried moving xyfiles into vdosplus, but then I cannot access vdosplus
with my desktop shortcut.

I don't know enough to fiddle with it further.

hope the above is not too obtuse. any help appreciated.
btw, never did solve the capital L only problem, but it prints out lower case and is lower case when I convert to docx or other formats, so not a real problem.

tom horton

--
tom horton
swanfall@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:swanfall@xxxxxxxxx>