Re: OT: VBox incompatibility (?)

Jordan,
I do not use Win10. It is common knowledge that Hyper-V and VirtualBox (or maybe even MS and Oracle, and their owners) do not like each other.
Chances are that you are not using Hyper-V. And if not, there is no
reason to enable it by default. The solution is to disable it, and after
disabling, reboot (once or twice) your system. After that you should be
able to use VBox without any problems.
VMware has similar problems with Hyper-V, and disabling Hyper-V is the
solution in that case, too.
The Covid-19 situation is currently much better at least in some parts
of Europe than in the US. My best wishes go to all friends across the
Atlantic and other parts of the world. May this post find you in good
health!

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/
Firstly, this can be considered a "testing, Testing", seeing as I have not seen *any* message traffic at all from here for quite some time. Hoping the List is all still there.
Then, I read something online not long ago mentioning that VirtualBox
itself -- or maybe it was the Guest Addons ? -- was not compatible with
Hyper-V, which should be enabled by default with Win-10, on a majority
of the hardware in use ?   If so, that might tip the balance in favor of
VMWare, instead ?  Can anyone enlighten me on this score ?

   Jordan