Re: Disk is full writing to overflow file

Reply to note from "Jon P" Tue, 8 Sep 2020 04:21:52 +0000 (UTC)

> Running XY4 in VdosPlusMac on a Macbook Air, I'm getting the
> "Disk is full writing to overflow file" warning when I open a
> longish text file--127kb in this case.

Hi, Jon. I can't speak to the Mac environment at all, but 127 KB is not
"longish" by any measure I'm familiar with. In my DOS/Windows
experience, Xy4 can open and edit files up to about 4 MB (that's
"Mega", not "Kilo") without triggering the dreaded "overflow" message.
If this is a recent phenomenon, the obvious question is: Has anything
in your setup changed recently? If not, I'll defer to the Mac-
iavellians among us.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx