Re: disk overflow in XY4

I'm trying to edit a 5MB file in XY4 -- a Eudora mailbox
actually. I have 18 MB free on the drive but XY 4 gives
me a disk overflow message. (1) Is there any way out
of this kind of seemingly fatal crash? (2) Is there some
way to avoid it and still edit such a large file? Sorry to
appear so ignorant but it's a long, long time since I
edited large files in XyWrite.
I think you are over the megabytage limit for Xy. Isn't it something like
4.2 megs?
You can edit the .mbx in Wordpad probably. Don't forget that Eudora will
need to re-index the file (create a new .toc) afterwards. And BTW, if you
want the file to be in any graspable order, "compact" it in Eudora just
before editing it in any other program.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx