Re: DosBox-x 43x132

Yes! now it's really working they way I want it to. The Text-Mode submenu is great.
Thank you so much.
And it's twice as fast as vDOS-Plus.

Regards,
Harry

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020 at 8:47 PM Wengier W <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Harry,

Glad to hear that setting the video mode now works.

To get a bright white background, you need to switch an internal option so that it will show high intensity background colors instead of blinking foreground text. Unfortunately it was not easy to be done in previous DOSBox-X versions. To overcome this issue I have already updated the DOSBox-X binary so that you can now change this easily either from the configuration or from the menu. If you set "high intensity blinking" to "false" in [video] section of the configuration then it will show high intensity background colors, not the blinking text.

Alternatively, you can also toggle it at run-time from the menu - there is now a "Text-mode" menu group under "Video" menu which allows you to change this setting as well as changing the text-screen video modes, including 80x25, 80x50, 80x60, 132x25, 132x43, 132x50, 132x60, all from the menu. The updated Windows binary is still available from:

Hope this helps.

Wengier