Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.11 released!

Hello,
DOSbox X is not the easiest beginner solution. I would suggest vDosPlus XyWrite which has ample documentation to help you.

The install is a two step process:

1) copy the contents of a working XyWrite setup to a folder (e.g. c:\XY)
N.B. it is very difficult to run the Xy4 install program on a modern computer, a better idea is to copy a set of files to the folder. (If you have access to an old DOS computer, run the installation using it, and copy the files).
Download files from: http://xywrite.com/
2) run the vDosPlus installer supplying the folder location info and other details to the program.
Download from: https://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/vDosPlus501_Setup.zip
You may need to fix something (e.g. paths) in your startup.int file afterwards.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/
Hi from the Netherlands,
It's very nice that there's a userfriendly DOS-emulator, but it's not friendly enough for me. I don't anything of computers, technically. I have the latest version of DOSbox X installed, but I dont know how to install my good old XyWrite 4. I have a original 3,5 "disks set with the software, but I don't now how to do it. Pls will someone help me. Thanks in advance.