Desktop publishing pioneer meeting 2017 (video)

Hello,
I have used VP 3 and 4.2 with XyWrite/NB3 to publish books. I have lately been exploring the possibilites of newer versions of Ventura Publisher (maybe it is time to upgrade as the last version of Ventura, namely 10, is now 19 years old, it works from Windows 2000 up till Windows 10). XyWrite was one of supported file formats in early versions of Ventura, version 4.2 has only Xy3 support, version 7 (the first 32-bit version) supports Xy3, Xy4 and XyWin4, but version 10 only XyWin4.
Doing some research, I came across this YouTube video that has plenty of
inside information about the development of desktop publishing.

Desktop publishing pioneer meeting May 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHNKZlkRtPk

The contents as they are described on the YouTube page:
Session 7 of the Desktop Publishing Pioneer Meeting focuses primarily on Ventura, Aldus, and Apple. Lee Lorenzen, one of the cofounders of Ventura, begins by describing the company’s origin and early management. He also explains Ventura’s exclusive partnership with Xerox and why the founders chose to sell the company to Xerox in 1990, after just five years, rather than attempt to build it into a large operation. Paul Brainerd then discusses Aldus and its PageMaker application. After sharing stories about the Aldus sales, marketing, and international distribution, Brainerd explains Aldus’ relationship with Adobe and his role in the Adobe purchase of Aldus in 1994. Lastly, John Scull talks about Apple’s efforts to market and sell the LaserWriter as well as package it with PageMaker and the Mac software applications. He and various participants also explore Apple’s relationship with other firms during this period, particularly during Jean-Louis Gassée’s tenure.
In addition, Adobe founders Warnock and Geschke tell their side of the
story of the acquisition of Aldus (Pagemaker, etc.). Donald Knuth is
also one of the participants.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)