Re: How to select a PostScript printer?

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Tue, 3 Aug 2021
23:05:39 -0400

Edward,

> And, unless I'm completely wrong, the line I need in STARTUP.INT
> is
>
> BX LOAD C:\XY4\HPLJ-4.PRNQ2 ;*;
>
> with the BX and Q2 inserted with the PFUNC command.

That's correct.

> I would really prefer this to use a 35- or 43-line window, and
> will once again be grateful for anyone who can help set this up.

The line in STARTUP.INT would be:

BX D SL=35Q2 ;*;
or
BX D SL=43Q2 ;*;

The DOS screen length should be set accordingly, before launching
XyWrite. Or, you could do it all in STARTUP.INT:

BX dos/nv/x/z /c setcfg lins=35 >nulQ2 BX D SL=35Q2 ;*;
or
BX dos/nv/x/z /c setcfg lins=43 >nulQ2 BX D SL=43Q2 ;*;

Bear in mind, of course, that the SETCFG command is unique to 4DOS
running under vDosPlus, so this command won't work in other DOS
environments.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx