Re: How to add CLS to dos function?

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Wed, 4 Aug 2021
18:00:42 -0400

> I know that XyWrite can be programmed to do anything. Is there a
> way to make the "dos" function perform a CLS when it runs?

Sure (breaking it into 3 STARTUP.INT lines):

BX dos/nv/x/z /c setcfg lins=35 >nulQ2 ;*;
BX D SL=35Q2 ;*;
BX dos/nv/z /c clsQ2 FF ;*;

Note that switch /X (freeze the display) is omitted from the CLS
command. That's to ensure that the XyWrite display is refreshed after
CLS. For good measure, I follow it with a func FF (refresh the display,
embedded with PFUNC FF); this may be superfluous, but it will do no
harm. Alternatively, you may be able to omit CLS, and just use func FF:

BX dos/nv/x/z /c setcfg lins=35 >nulQ2 BX D SL=35Q2 FF ;*;

Belt-and-suspenders may be safer, though.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx