A reprogrammable keyboard alternative

Hi all,
As my Avant Stellar has been malfunctioning, I have looked for alternatives, and I bought recently a Cherry POS ('point of sale') keyboard.
CHERRY G86-71400 (https://cherryamericas.com/cherry-g86-71400.html) is a
programmable (hardware & software) keyboard with a powerful software
tool for programming. The feel is somewhat average, but it is a sturdy
unit with plenty of spare keys for special needs. All keys can be
remapped and the firmware can be rewritten to change scancodes (perfect
for non-Windows setups like Linux). Shift and ctrl layer reprogramming
is done in software mode with the software that comes with product. On
the other hand, one can use more versatile programs like kbdedit
(http://www.kbdedit.com) for software keyboard programming.
I am still setting up and getting used to this unit, so it is early days
for a final verdict, but it has many nice features that are sorely
lacking in other alternatives.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English https//www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries https//sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish https//www.lexitec.fi/