Re: Auto correct

Reply to note from "Phillip Alder" <phillipalder@xxxxxxxxxxx> Wed, 6
Oct 2021 17:42:52 -0500

Phillip,

> whenever I type you it is immediately changed to You.

I assume that if you disable auto-correct, the problem persists?

If it's not auto-correct (a/k/a auto-replace), it might be auto-
uppercase -- which capitalizes the first word of every sentence
(command AU toggles it). But this would apply to *every* first word,
not just "you", and it would not capitalize "you" mid-sentence.

My best guess is that some external program is commandeering the
keyboard, but even there it seems unlikely that it would only affect
"you". A mystery, but no cause for paranoia ... probably. But seriously
... have you made any changes to your setup that might be suspect here?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx