Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.20 on M1

What I mean is, I started the DOS section on Wednesday. Today is Saturday. If I now invoke the command to insert the date in a text file, it will give me Wednesday's date rather than Saturday's. Could this problem have come up years ago?

At 12/18/2021 06:51 PM, you wrote:
Reply to note from Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx> Sat, 18 Dec 2021
13:22:04 +0000

Bill,

> 1. I've just noticed that the TODAY command is stuck on Wednesday,
> when the process was started, it now being Saturday. I would
> imagine there is a switch somewhere for keeping this current?

Not sure I understand the question. TODAY is an "immediate" command
that hard-codes the current date in text as of the moment the command
is issued. The only way to update its output is to delete the date and
issue TODAY again.

Unless you mean the DA command, which inserts a "soft" date, which
updates whenever you CAll or print the file. (There are other ways to
refresh it; for example, by toggling into and out of eXPanded view.)
Let us know if this helps to clarify things.

> 2. Is there a brief Dummies guide on how to do the basic
> configuration files and set parameters most likely to be of use to
> XyWriters?

That's a broad topic. In Xy4, the common default settings are listed
and described in SETTINGS.DFL. You change them by editing SETTINGS.DFL,
then quitting and restarting XyWrite (or simply reLOADing
SETTINGS.DFL). There are, of course, many other configuation files --
keyboard, spelling, hyphenation, help/menu -- each with their own usage
details. Can you be more specific?

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx