Re: DOSBox-X version 0.83.20 on M1

Carl just to say this is incredibly helpful.

Does this deal with the slow key-repeat speed?
And would it be helpful to give it more processor power to speed up things like directories, which seem slow?
Have others had stability problems? I am looking for a possible key
combination problem.

Could you suggest the entry to map control onto the Mac command key?

 More later.

THANKS !!!!

At 12/21/2021 06:34 PM, you wrote:
Reply to note from Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx> Mon, 20 Dec 2021
07:39:06 +0000

> What I meant was that I needed a dummies guide to setting up
> DOSBox-X for XyWrite.

Oh, it's easy -- just edit a few settings in dosbox-x.conf and set your
startup commands in the [autoexec] section. Here is what I do; I find
that only five settings are "mandatory" for Xy4 with the Jumbo U2.

Required/best for Xy4 + U2:

startwait = false
startquiet = true
nocachedir  = true
cycles = max
ttf.wp = XY

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
# You can put your MOUNT lines here.
# startup commands (modify as needed)
mode con rate=32 delay=4
path Z:\;C:\Windows\System32;X:\xy4;F:\DBX;
X:
cd \xy4
cls
editor.exe
exit

My preferences:

automountall = true
high intensity blinking = false

ttf.font                = LiberationMono-Regular
ttf.fontbold            = LiberationMono-Bold
ttf.fontital            = LiberationMono-Italic
ttf.fontboit            = LiberationMono-BoldItalic
ttf.lins                = 35
ttf.cols                = 80
ttf.blinkc              = false

Other users, of course, may have different suggestions.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx