RE: DOSBox-X version 0.83.20 on M1 (keyboard rate)

Harry, just on this issue of keyboard rate, I can help. This is I am certain something you have known about it in the past. The key line is the one suggested earlier by Carl:

mode con rate=32 delay=4

I tried delay=0 but apparently the only valid values are between 1 and 4? So I am now going to try 1.

More possibly applicable info here:

https://www.palmtoppaper.com/ptphtml/50/pt500030.htm

Even so, Carl's suggestion was an enormous improvement.