Re: Xy4U2

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson  Fri, 14 Jan 2022 17:10:32 -0500

As I suspected, I went a step too far in integrating U2 into my
portable setup. The fix was simply, in XY4.KBD, to restore the Enter
key on the main keyboard (scan code 28) to its default assignment, a
simple newline. I've updated the ZIP archive:

https://xywwweb.ammaze.net/dls/Xy4018-U2.zip

What this change (or reversion) means is that you can no longer use the
Enter key on the main keyboard to execute U2 routines. That Enter key
can still be used to execute native XyWrite commands, as can NumPad
Enter, which always had the newline (CrLf) assignment -- meaning that
NumPad Enter was always available to navigate the menus in the usual
manner.

> ... what is SG1908?

It's documented in XY4.DLG as "Path to IBM2TIF.EXE". I don't know what
that program is, but it's included in the set of Xy4 installation files
at xywrite.com (that's "dot COM", not "dot ORG"):

http://www.xywrite.com/xy4/xy4supp/xy4_support_files.htm

For the sake of completeness, my portable setup now includes files from
the xywrite.com Xy4 installation dump that were not previously
included.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx