Re: Manuals

Edward,
There are two sets of manuals for Signature. The first is the normal User Manual and Installation Guide, etc. (white volumes with XyQuest stickers pasted onto IBM logos). The other set is the 3 volume set which XyQuest produced after IBM ’left the building’.
Xy4 and Signature ’Command Reference Guide’ bear a strong resemblance.
The chapters and chapter title match most of the time. The Signature
volume has an additinal chapter 6 on customization. Xy4 ’Customization
Guide’ has most of the additional information found in Signature
’Technical Reference Guide’ and ’Programming Language User's Guide’. The
latter is a kind of primer of SPL (sic!) programming language.
All in all, if you have a full set of Xy4 manuals, you have most of the
information you need.
However, I have scanned the table of content part of the manuals in this
document:
https://www.lexitec.fi/xywrite/Signature_tech_ref_manual_ToCs.pdf
If there is something of particular interest, I could do a partial scan of it privately. In that case, get in touch.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx

*** Lexitec Online ***
Lexitec in English: https://www.lexitec.fi/english.html
Lexitec English and Finnish dictionaries: https://sk.lexitec.fi/en/
Home page in Finnish: https://www.lexitec.fi/
Kari, do the Signature manuals have substantially more information than
the Xy4 manuals??