Re: Off-topic: File-management tools

Reply to note from Bill Troop <billtroop@xxxxxxxxx> Wed, 26 Jan 2022
23:32:09 +0000

> Thanks for these Carl!

You're welcome, Bill. They're part of a larger project of mine -- a set
of U2 routines that would enable "version history" backups and restores
in XyWrite 4 (DOS) running under Windows. I have a working prototype
that creates -- unobtrusively, in the background -- a uniquely-named
backup every time you SAve or ABort a file that has unsaved changes,
and the outline of a procedure for restoring any such backup to the
original filename or a new filename. Given how intensively I use
XyWrite, my beta version-history backup directory grows at the rate of
about 20 megabytes per day, which gave rise to the need for a way to
contain the size of that directory. Hence, the two tools I posted.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx