Re: Exporting files with accented characters

Was my experience with cutting and pasting accented characters between Xy4 in vDos, and Windows 10, transparently, so limited that it wasn't working as well as I thought it was? As far as I knew, this was something that just worked.
For example, I just copied from Windows a-grave,
a-acute, a-circumflex, and a-umlaut, and ditto
for e, into XyWrite on vDos/Win10. The
translation is perfect. And I am using standard
code frames, etc. there is no ansification or any
other special thing. In fact, whenever I need an
accented character in Xy4, rather than go through
the special Hell that is normally required, I
simply type it into any windows program (using
the US Int'l keyboard, which makes it all a dream) and then paste it into Xy4.

There are other questions:
1. how would this work with importing actual text files rather than copy/paste via the clipboard?

2. Why can't the same thing work between MacOS and Xy4 via DOSbox?
3. If clipboard is the only simple way to do it, then how large can the clipboard be?
4. It seems clear that this system only works for
the standard western european accents ?