Asking again about exporting Xy4 files to other formats

Apologies if I’m wasting bandwidth, but I’m still not clear about the possibility of
exporting XyWrite 4 files to other formats, when the Xy4 files contain accented characters,
diacritics, etc.

What I’m hoping for is the ability to export to RTF. As far as I can tell, Xy4 does not let
me export all the west-European accented characters to RTF - at least I haven’t been able to
do so

I’m asking about this because I’m perfectly willing to continue working on a portable
Xy4 system for Windows and the Mac (I’ve already posted a link to a Mac version), but there
seems to be very little reason to work on it if it can’t share files with the rest of the
world.

As a workaround to this problem, I considered a setup that would print from Xy4 to a PDF and then
convert the PDF to RTF, but that method wouldn’t convert headers, footnotes, etc., so the
only plausible solution seems to be to create documents that the built-in filters can convert.

If I understand various earlier posts here, the only way to accomplish this is to customize printer
and keyboard files, a task that requires a lot of expertise  that I don’t have. Do such files
already exist somewhere where they can be downloaded? I don’t much look forward to spending
hours modifying files that far more expert people have modified already. But if a set of those files
exist, and clear beginner-level instructions on how to use them exists, I would gladly add them to
these portable systems.

I’ve read the documentation on ANSIfied XyWrite, but I confess that I’m completely
baffled by it. An expert user would understand it without the slightest trouble, but I’m not
an expert user.

If there are any solutions to this problem, I’ll be glad to know them.