DOSBox-X-App on Mac: Assign a key to save highlighted as CLIP$

Since I switched from VDOSMac  to DOSBox-X-App for my Mac -- VDOSMac is no longer compatible with OS12 (Monterey) --  I've been trying to assign a key to do what I had been doing with CLIP: use F1 to highlight text, then use my assigned CLIP key (CTRL-V in this case) to place the text in the Mac clipboard.

DOSBox-X-App does send text to the clipboard by using fn-SHIFT-Home< and fn-SHIFT-End>. It's a bit more cumbersome -- graying over the text -- though it works.

But DosBox-X-App also says it's possible to: Send or copy the text to a "file" named CLIP$ .

I tried changing the assignment of my old CTRL-V to this:

47=NOJM2,.,s,a, ,C,L,I,P,$,Q2

but with no success. Can someone help me with the syntax?  Thanks.

Jon Pareles