Re: speaking of keyboards

Hi all,
There are quite a lot nice keyboards around. I still have my IBM AT keyboard with the function keys on the left in perfect working order. It has some flaws: it does not have all modern amenities, and some keys are aukwardly placed or too tiny. It served me well in the DOS era. With the advent of Windows, I have used more modern keyboards (and a mouse on the left side of it).
A good set of function keys and hardware programmability are the two
things I value most at this time. I have told about my adventure into
POS keyboards. Indeed, my CHERRY G86-71400
(https://cherryamericas.com/cherry-g86-71400.html) has delivered and
continues to serve me well. The function key setup I devised using
programmable keys works very intuitively with, e.g., XyWrite 4's
standard function key assignments. So far, the keyboard has worked
flawlessly, and its programmability and versatility are just superb.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)
lexitec@xxxxxxxxxx