Re: vDosPlus XyWrite 4 Service Pack and vDosPlus XyWrite Update (for all XyWrite products)

Edward asked:
> Is there a way to change a 437 setup (now heavily customized) to
> an 850 setup without going through the whole process of
> customizing again?

Kari replied:
> You have to make the manual changes described in !SP_note.txt (it
> is in the XyWrite folder).

The other way, as I mentioned recently, is to install the latest U2 over your normal Xy4 setup and
use the XYCP command to change the code page: XYCP 437|850|775|852|866<Helpkey>

XYCP automates code-page switching without altering your existing customizations.

I've updated the U2 readme in an effort to address the confusion that Edward pointed out yesterday:

http://xywrite.org/xywwweb/readme-u2.pdf

Note that, to get the XYCP command working, you will need to install/update the files in both (1)
XYWWEBU2.ZIP <http://xywrite.org/xywwweb/XYWWEBU2.ZIP>,
which should be unzipped into the directory with EDITOR.EXE, and (2) U2EXTRAS.ZIP <http://xywrite.org/xywwweb/U2EXTRAS.ZIP>,
which should be unzipped into either the directory with EDITOR.EXE or a subdirectory thereof named
U2EXTRAS (e.g., C:\XY4\U2EXTRAS).

If there are questions about installing/updating U2, please post them here and I'll do my best to
answer them.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx