Re: U2 success (except XYCP)

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 8 Jan 2023 20:40:21 -0500

Edward,

> SETXYCP 437<F11> produces the message
>
> Separator is missing
>
> Same with SETXYCP 850.
> Does this tell you anything?

Yes, quite a bit, and it's encouraging insofar as CHCP/LA 437 and ASCIITABLE are both working as
expected. The "Separator is missing" and "No SEarch|Change argument" error
messages triggered by SETXYCP indicate a name clash between SETXYCP and another U2 routine, most
likely CH*,CI*,CV*,SE*, a set of enhanced search/change commands. If you open U2 in expanded view
(CA/100 XYWWWEB.U2<F9>|<Enter>) and command
  SE "{{5ch*,ci*,cv*,se*}}"<F9>|<Enter>
you should be taken to that routine, which we expect to be situated near the end of XYWWWEB.U2 and
-- crucially -- further down in U2 than SETXYCP. Locate SETXYCP by going back to the top of the file
and commanding
  SE "{{5SetXyCP*}}"<F9>|<Enter>.

In sum, the question is, Which comes first in your copy of XYWWWEB.U2, {{5SetXyCP*}} or
{{5ch*,ci*,cv*,se*}}? If {{5SetXyCP*}} comes first, as would be expected, then the name clash must
be with a routine other than {{5ch*,ci*,cv*,se*}} occuring ahead of SETXYCP. If that's the case, to
identify the offending routine, put your cursor on the first character in "{{5SetXyCP*}}"
and search backwards for another routine with "se*" in its name: SEB
"se*"<F9>|<Enter>. To be a routine name, or a part thereof, the string
"se*" has to fall somewhere between double curly braces {{...}}.

I hope this is clear. If not, please let me know.

> the result of CASG 652 [is]
>
> XyOS=VDP

That's good. It means that U2 "knows" you're running XyWrite under vDosPlus.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx