Re: U2 success (except XYCP)

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Mon, 9 Jan 2023 14:01:45 -0500

> My XYWWWEB.U2 file is the one in this download, and I have not
> changed or edited or modified in any way.

Thanks, Edward. That explains a lot. You're running a slightly older version (2022-10-13) than the
latest (2022-12-17), the material difference being that the latter includes updates that followed
the release of the Xy4 Service Pack on Dec. 16th. My post on Dec. 18th (https://www.freelists.org/post/xywrite/XyWWWeb-U2-Update)
did refer to the update, but I should have been more emphatic about the need to install it.

In any case, I've just issued a new release (2023-01-09) which I hope addresses the long pathname
issue you raised today in connection with ASCIITABLE. To get XYCP running, you will need to do two
things:

1) Download the latest U2: http://xywrite.org/xywwweb/XYWWEBU2.ZIP. Unzip
all files into the directory with EDITOR.EXE, overwriting the existing ones.

2) Download the latest U2EXTRAS: http://xywrite.org/xywwweb/U2EXTRAS.ZIP. Unzip
all files into either the directory with EDITOR.EXE or subdirectory U2EXTRAS immediately thereunder,
whichever you use for U2EXTRAS. Again, overwrite existing files.

Both steps are essential to get XYCP working as both ZIP archives include essential post-Service
Pack updates.

Hopefully this does the trick. Please let us know.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx