Printer config error

It's been a while since I last tried to set up printer options in vDosPlus, so I'm completely baffled by this one:

When, in config.txt, I specify a program to process LPT1 output like this:

LPT1 = pdftoprinter.exe #LPT1.PDF

vDosPlus displays an error message:

LPT1 config error: expected a colon
I can't imagine where the colon should be, and nothing I've tried seems to work.
This doesn't happen if I substitute older versions of vDosPlus.exe on my
disk. It seems that the current upload has a more recent version of the
program that I've never used before, with different ways of interpreting
config.txt.
Can anyone explain where that colon is supposed to be? Many thanks for
any help.