Re: Beginner question: how to pause startup.int to see error messages?

Chris, thank you for that. I'm obviously being stupid, because I can't make startup.int pause at the prompt. Could you possibly let me know exactly what to type on the command line in order to insert the prompt into startup.int? I've tried entering

PR some message
at the command line, and a code gets inserted into the file, but there's no pause.
If you could provide a beginner-level step-by-step, I'd be very
grateful, something like:

1. Position the cursor at the beginning of a blank line in startup.int

2. Press F5 and enter...

A thousand thanks for any help you can give.