Re: Utilities for convert XyWrite files to other formats on a Mac

Hi Edward,

I'm very impressed with what BasilikII can do, but, to me, some of the requirement hurdles have not changed. Are those insurmountable, no imo, i did it several years ago. But I have System 7 disk/image, ISO file, and had/have a ROM image of a file to use. I just had hoped that, now, with admittedly better support than when I first tried this, it might have been an easier trek.

I really have no reason to try it, as the programs I am trying to run, I've kind of moved beyond them. Now don't get me wrong, I love that age of the Mac. And I have some older packages I might try and bring up, but I just don't have the time right now!

I still think the Xywrite community ought to put their efforts towards, as well as using the older convert filters which I used at the time and were great, trying to get Pandoc input/ouput filters for Xywrite. In theory you could round trip between many of the formats available today.

fwiw,

Russ