Problem with ASPL

Dear Carl,
I have finally moved to windows 10 from windows 7. I have transferred my files and setup, and all seems well so far, except ASPL which, when invoked, simply exits with the message 'Hit any key to save changes, else ESC'. Looking back, I had this before when I first set up Aspell under Windows 7. That time it was the path setting in VDos Plus autoexec.txt but that is exactly the same as it was with Windows 7. I tried installing the latest version of U2 but that has made no difference so I have reverted to the one from 2020-06-06 that I know works under Windows 7. Any ideas?

Best wishes Paul