Re: Two systems for running Xy4 under macOS

I’ve finally fixed a few things in these systems that may have been frustrating anyone who tried them (certainly including Jon P.).

In both versions, I’ve now made it easy to start up XyWrite so that the current directory is the one you want to use for your documents. The instructions are on the download page:

Also, I’ve explained more clearly how to use your own XyWrite setup instead of the one installed by the system. Please read the relevant sections of the download page (which is now more sensibly organized than before).

The vDosPlus-based version finally does what it should have done all along, which is use the vDosDisk folder in your user folder as drive C:. This was not working earlier.

You’ll need to download the applications again, I’m sorry to say.

If you’re already using the DOSBox-X version, then you’ll need to copy STARTUP.INT from the Helpers folder inside the application and into the ~/DOSBoxDisk/Xy4 folder. The vDosPlus version, being self-contained, can simply overwrite your existing copy, but make sure to back up any of the Xy4 files inside the application that you may have customized.

Apologies for not having got this right the first time.