Notabene

I have finally bought and installed Notabene 8.0g. In doing so I
discovered one of two configuration items that have not been mentioned
here before, that I can recall, and which might be useful to others.
Robert has given us an excellent NB tutorial the shows how to customise
it to operate much like XY. In his system you edit the NB.INI file to
load a XY keyboard. However I have noticed that if you simply copy the
keyboard you require into the NBWIN\USERS\DEFAULT directory then the
program picks it up and you can then select it from the keyboard default
option under Tool/Keyboards on the menu bar.
The is also a file in the NBWIN directory called NBSTART.INT which is
always run at startup by NB. I have put all the configuration options
from Robert's NBSTART.PM into this file now, and it appears to do the
same job as NBSTART.PM.

Paul Breeze