Re: Re Tame 5.7 etc

Harry,
You were correct about Alt-Enter causing problems with Tame 5.1 etc. This appears to cause considerable confusion and must be responsible for my additional windows. I can use the menu option to switch to full screen and then I do not see the same behaviour.
I have had to move to Tame 6.0, however, because of a standby problem
with Tame 5.1 rc7 ( it shuts down with errors if I try to enter standby)
and other problems with rc8 and rc9 which appear to try to lauch GoXY (I
presume this is also some subroutine in Tame).
With Tame 6.0, so long as I set the correct number of screen lines I
require in the desktop shortcut and then if I am using more than 25
lines, I add three lines by using D SL=** then I seems to operate very
consistently. I have needed no other configuration.
The only problem I now have is again entering standby. On re-emerging,
 I find that the cursor will no longer scroll and if I have the Tame
status bar activated then the little green/red activity bar in the left
shoots to the top of the screen. I have to shut down and reload to get
it to work satisfactorily again. Are you able to check if you
experience similar behaviour? I have contacted David Thomas but he
could not repeat it with his setup (I'm running Windows 2000, but you
have XP, I think.)

Paul

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Experiment with the 28 and 43 line setting. I run at 25 so I can't remember whether you have to set both XY screen and issue a mode con command, one or the either or neither.

I get 43 lines without any MODE CON usage.
You mean the desktop behind a resized TAME window? Or two NTVDM sessions plus the desktop? Does Process Explorer show two NTVDM sessions?

Good question. And you could try killing one NTVDM.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx