Re: searching for text across subdirectories

Bruce,

I believe this is a "who is buried in Grant's Tomb?" question: I.e., the
file is either not the right size or is corrupt and uninstallable.
Perhaps it's best to try to download the file again, perhaps from a
"mirror site."

Also, the advanced features of Windows file find will find text strings
across directories.

Cheers!

Brucefelk@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> I downloaded Brian's AltaVista search-across-subdirectories device,
> and when I attempted to install it -- into my main Xy directory, where
> Editor, et al., reside -- I got a message saying the file was not the
> right size or was corrupt and uninstallable. I'm using Xydos 4.018 in
> a machine with a Celeron 633 and 256 RAM, running Win 98SE.
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I tried it twice with the same result.
>
> Thanks for anyhelp.
>
> Bruce Felknor

lb136@xxxxxxxx
61 W. 62 St, NYC 10023
212-459-0600 X7109 (phone) 212-459-3677 (fax)