RE: searching for text across subdirectories

I downloaded Brian's AltaVista search-across-subdirectories device, and when I attempted to install it -- into my main Xy directory, where Editor, et al., reside -- I got a message saying the file was not the right size or was corrupt and uninstallable. I'm using Xydos 4.018 in a machine with a Celeron 633 and 256 RAM, running Win 98SE.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I tried it twice with the same result.

Thanks for anyhelp.

Bruce Felknor