Re: Xy on Mac revisited-Parallel Universe

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> One would think so. But as far as we know, NO one
> has gotten Xy
> running satisfactorily on Linux yet.

But how much of a demand has there ever been to run
DOS stuff on Linux ? The more adept of those folks
tend to start rolling their own drivers etc., if and
when some kind of a demand emerges. (I keep hoping
they'll make some drivers for some of my favorite
devices that remain unsupported in OS/2 | eCS, because
these things often do get ported over, but so far the
only encouragement I've seen are some very early
alphas.)

Don't ask me. So far, my Linux exposure consists of
booting a couple of those self-contained, run-from-CD
distros, such as the Knoppix you kindly sent me awhile
back, just to have a quick look around. And
basically, in the absence of any detailed,
*simplified* instructions, I could hardly find my way
around in it, much less do anything useful. And that
may be why to this day Linux won't be making major
inroads with the mass audience.

> And gamers are a large, vociferous group that the
> industry might
> hesitate to antagonize. Xywriters aren't.

Yes, but I was referring to (by now) ancient games
that most of the gamers have probably never even heard
of.

Jordan