Re: Xy on Mac revisited-Parallel Universe

Harry Binswanger wrote:
Patricia:
I think there may be some terminological confusion. XCOPY32 retains long filenames when copying. I think that in later years (under XP) XCOPY32 got renamed to the older name: XCOPY. In other words, what is in recent systems called XCOPY is either the same as, or has the same functionality as, what older systems called XCOPY32.

Harry,
1. Pre-win95 there was NO xcopy32. Just plain vanilla xcopy. And no LFN.
2. Under Win9x and later, issuing the XCOPY command CALLS xcopy32. Now I don't have W2K or XP here, and when I'm at the office this week I'm going to be far too busy (back to back meetings to cover) to check. Remind me about Thursday to see if there is a separate xcopy32. command in those osyses.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx