Re: XYCONS in PNG format

J R FOX wrote:
>>From reading these posts, I gather that the accepted
> icon format has changed. But are you working with
> *Shortcut* icons for the apps in question ? (In
> Vista, no longer required to have that curved arrow
> thingie ?)

NO, No. The question is not just one of icon formats. The point
is that all the evidence so far points to Vista's insisting that
a DOS app, or even a command.com prompt, CANNOT use any icon but
that blank piece of paper one. DOS is old tech and BBBG deosn't
approve, so he's bound and determined to make it as hard as
possible to use it.

And no, Vista still has the curved arrow on desktop shortcuts. I
haven't tried looking for a way to remove it; that I can live
with, but I really dislike that piece of paper icon.

We don't need an icon converter, we need something to trick Vista
into letting us use any other icon but the blank piece of paper
for a DOS app.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
priscameg@eskimo.com