Re: XYCONS in PNG format

--- "Patricia M. Godfrey"  wrote:

> Further on this issue: Redmond is being REALLY
> obnoxious on this.
> I thought to create a shortcut to
> c:\windows\system32\command.com. Did so. Its icon
> was the same
> piece of blank white paper that Xy's is. Tried to
> Change Icon.
> The traditional MSDOS one was right there in M$'s
> .dll file, so I
> picked that. Same thing. Apply stayed grayed out,
> and the icon
> remained a blank piece of paper. Apparently, any DOS
> app, even
> the old VDM, must NOT have a distinctive icon,
> according to BBBG.

Patricia,

>From reading these posts, I gather that the accepted
icon format has changed. But are you working with
*Shortcut* icons for the apps in question ? (In
Vista, no longer required to have that curved arrow
thingie ?)

> I wonder if any of those mammoth trackers have
> tackled this one yet?

If you go to major shareware repositories like
Majorgeeks.Com or TuCows.Com, and search for "Icon
Editors" -- and maybe even throw in "Vista" on your
keyword search -- I would imagine that you must come
up with a fair number of hits. And Brian has already
come up with a freeware one, which likely has
introductory and documentation files.

 Jordan