Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X61 (OT)

Jordan wrote:
not go Lenovo the next time around -- despite their
mostly liking the models they had -- because of some
glitches they experienced that were attributable to
this. They were in the nature of compatibility issues
with MS Service Packs, in updating certain app.s, and
with things like losing the specific and carefully
set-up network or wifi configuration. These were
things that in some cases required the attention of a
consultant, to do workarounds or set things right.
Geez, that sounds scary. OTOH, with XP I doubt MS will be introducing
further updates. Still, since this will be my main machine (i.e., no
desktop), I wouldn't want to be stranded.

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx