Re: The Future of XyWrite

>is a niche market product, and I don't begrudge it that. The
real question >today is, which niche market will be XyWrite's?

  I know this is totally crazy, and will undoubtedly get me
flamed, but anyway --- I've been playing with Geos lately (Annie
made me do, I swear!) and it is such a nice little GUI with an
excellent wp (limited, but very good) and is, for all practical
purposes, been abandoned by its makers. If
TTG really wanted to create a fabulous market niche -- it could buy
Geosworks, which is mostly into OS's for PDAs, meld XY into Geos
with a stripped down version for PDAs (like the PCMCIA card
vversion of XY3 that was being sold awhile back) and have the
slickest system on the market -- and one that would run under
windoz, OS/2, DOS, Linux (a lot of Linux users run Geos, or at
least Geowrite) --- not to mention the PDA market.
Integrated filemanager, com, fax, etc., the whole shootin' match
-- elegant, fast, small, slick.
  Sigh! Well, I can dream, can't I?

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxx
seaverh@xxxxxxxx

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!

=============
Microsoft Network, or any service owned in full or in part by
Microsoft, is prohibited from redistributing this work in any
form, in whole or in part.
Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this
post is available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or
local equivalent.
Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these
terms. Please send notices of violation to hseaver@xxxxxxxx
and postmaster@xxxxxxxx.