Menus (not) in Xy4

Annie says:
-> The lone prize that could motivate me to compete is
-> total liberation of v4 from dialog boxes and menus.

Annie, I don't see the issue. Xy4 doesn't require dialog boxes
and menus, any more than III+ requires A la Carte. Just don't load the
.MNU and .DLG files, that's all; they're fully detachable.
There's nothing those files do that can't be done directly from
the command line, or with a little XPL. At most, you may want to
cherry-pick a few of the choicer frames from XY4.DLG and stick'
em in a personal U2 file. We may presume -- but of course can't
know, since we haven't seen them, yet -- that the same could be
done with Tim's add-ons.

Actually, you can pare Xy4 *way* down to where it fits unZIPped
on a single floppy, but still gives full editorial functionality
in character-based modes. Goes anywhere, in your pocket. Very
liberating indeed. Here, for example, is my minimal setup for
working on the road:

CLD4   KBD    26090   9-29-95 11:35pm
CLD4   SGT     131   8-17-95  6:05pm
CLD4   U2    435460  10-05-95 10:52pm