Re: survey on XW use

** Reply to note from "..."  03/24/96 4:15pm -0500

> XyDos 4 has some really nice features but so many cranky
> habits--especially in the way the CMline handles input . . .

Curious to know: which input? Guillemets? Wild cards? There are
certainly some disparities with v3, but frankly XyQuest has a looooong
history of changing the rules on CMline input (without ever announcing
publicly a single change, at least as far as I can recall -- mercifully
there haven't been any changes since Signature was introduced, it's been stable
for the last few years, a rare instance of no news is good news). My point is,
that most of those disparities did have workarounds, although its been so long
now I can't remember more than a couple . . .

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx