Printing problem in Windows 95

On 5-APR-1996 08:04:31.5 xywrite said to LESLIE319
  >Since I switched to Windows 95 I have been unable to print in an
  >ordinary way. If I use the XyWrite driver for my HP4 printer I can
  >print in the printer's native fonts, one page at a time (all pages but
  >the first come out shaded); if I use the Windows driver everything
  >comes out in Greek.

  This has come up before. I may be wrong but as I recall, the answer is
that in some setups, XyWrite picks up your Windows background color.
to not use grey as your background color. 'Fraid you'll have to go back to
that glaring white. Try it and see. I have grey as my background color and
maroon as my text color and I don't have that problem with an HP4 with the
XyWrite driver loaded. If everything is coming out in Greek when you load
the Windows driver, you have the wrong symbol font loaded, I expect. Go to
Main, Control Panel, Fonts, click on "use truetype fonts," and you should be
OK. Make sure they're loaded. Did you load your HP4 fonts into your
Windows System file?

  >As a professional writer, I have not been happy having to print one
  >page at a time.

I can imagine! :-)

Leslie Bialler
Columbia University Press
`[1;36;42mRainbow V 1.19.1 for Delphi - Registered