Re: What Xy can do (was: Re: Looking for XyWrite)

** Reply to note from xywrite@xxxxxxxx Fri, 27 Nov 1998 21:08:59 +0900 (JST)

>>Does anyone have a fix to make CIA/CVA case-sensitive, i.e. a single
>>command that will change "Change" to "Fix" but also change "change" to
>>"fix"?

>At the same time? Don't think so.

Carl just pointed out WHOLEWRD.PM (called "cw", Change_Word -- it only operates on whole
words),
which generates this type of result (I wrote this so long ago, at the urging of Bob Brody, that
I'd forgotten about it completely -- circa 1991):

If you input (lower case only!) the following source and target strings

 cw |tom is dead|jim is alive|

The actual results in text are as follows:

 tom is dead ÍÍ> jim is alive
 Tom is dead ÍÍ> Jim is alive
 Tom Is Dead ÍÍ> Jim Is Alive
 TOM IS DEAD ÍÍ> JIM IS ALIVE

It also traps bizarre usages, and lets you manually indicate your preference. Operates from
current cursor position to EOF. In XYWWWEB.U2.

---------
Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx
---------