Re: saving to alternative disk directory

Raphael Tennenbaum wrote:
Xywrite under Dosemu is the fastest I've ever seen, though it also uses considerable CPU power & I will probably experiment with putting Tame on it.
Rafe, I just was playing around with XyWrite and some other programs in
Ubuntu 9.10 to see what sort of CPU usage I was getting, and though Xy4
spiked when starting, shutting down and running some searches across a
lot of files, it seemed well behaved otherwise. In fact, it seemed to
add very little to the baseline CPU usage when typing, saving a file,
and the like; System Monitor itself and Firefox were more intensive CPU
users. I double-checked this is Mint 6 (U. 8.10) and got the same basic
result tracking CPU usage with Conky.

Paul Lagasse