RE: HOAX! Re: [Fwd: Fwd: Fw: new virus out read & pass on] --stop sending chain letters.

Frank here. I just have to step in on this virus issue, as I write a weekly security column for one of my PR clients (it can be read on http://www.itweb.co.za; it's called Security Patrol - end of promo).

What is clear after a year of writing this column is that the entire virus/security issue is bigger
than any one of us and we are all wide open, no matter how clever we think we are. Yes, it is
irritating when someone perpetuates a hoax/bogus warning, but with the sheer volume of stuff out
there, no one can know everything. Better safe than sorry, and a delete button has always done the
trick when you see a hoax waning.

Just for the record, I am very computer-savvy, I use Outlook and I wrap myself around with all the
security and antivirus protection I can get, and still the KAK.B worm snuck on to my machine. As
Harry B says, go figure.

Frank

≪application/ms-tnef≫